Dr. Andrea Finnen
DVM, DES, MSc, DACVIM
Dr. Finnen is a medical neurologist who enjoys managing difficult epileptics and inflammatory CNS diseases. She also loves diagnostic imaging and the challenges of the physics and interpretation of MRI. She has a family that keeps her continually busy but finds relaxation time in horseback riding. With her background and love of horses, she offers on-farm consultations for neurological horses outside of her small animal clinic hours.
Karmen and Cappuccino are both 1/2 Dachshunds, and she has two horses, Gerry and Poppy. Cappuccino is active in film, and you may have seen her in some commercials (CIBC, Trident, Etsy) and TV shows (See No Evil, Hardy Boys) or even at the Superdog shows!
Board Certification: Diplomate ACVIM (Neurology)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Ontario Veterinary College (2002-2006)
- Rotating Small Animal Internship, Ontario Veterinary College (2006-2007)
- Residency in Neurology, University of Montreal FMV (2007-2010)
- Masters in Large Animal Neurology (2010)
- Board Certification in Neurology from the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (2010)
- Facial Nerve Paralysis in 5 minute Vet Consult, Cervical discospondylitis in 2 Great Dane puppies following routine surgery. Can Vet J. 2012 May; 53(5): 531–534.