Dr. Natalie Chow
Anesthesia Department Chair
Dr. Chow is RECOVER certified (basic and advanced life support) and Fear-Free certified. Her interests are in ultrasound-guided local-regional anesthetic techniques and pain management, anesthesia for patients with cardiovascular disease, and feline anesthesia. Her favourite part of veterinary and specialty medicine is collaborating with team members to provide patients the opportunity to continue living their best lives. She currently shares her home with her cat, Polaris.
Board Certification: Diplomate, ACVAA
- Bachelor of Science Honours (BScH), Queen’s University, Kingston ON (2008-2012)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph ON (2013-2017)
- Rotating Small Animal Internship, 404 Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital, Newmarket ON (2017-2018)
- Residency in Anesthesia and Analgesia, University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville TN (2018-2021)
- Board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ACVAA) (2021)
- Smith CK, Chow N, Zhu X, Cushing AC. (2022) “Evaluation of agreement between oscillometric and direct blood pressure measurement in anesthetized tigers (Panthera tigris).” JZWM 53(4): 777-84.
- Chow N. (2022). “Optimal propofol infusion rate in dogs.” Clinician’s brief.
- Chow N. (2022) “The renal system.” Manual of equine anesthesia and analgesia, 2nd edition. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Chow N, Seddighi R, Knych H, et al. (2020) “Sedative effects and pharmacokinetics of detomidine when administered intravenously and intravaginally as a gel in alpacas.” VAA 47(6): 773-80.