Dr. Miyuki Kumagai
Emergency Department Director
Emergency Department Chair
BScH, MSc, DVM
Dr. Kumagai is an Emergency clinician at Lakeshore Animal Health Partners with an interest in emergency medicine and small animal surgery. Dr. Kumagai completed a Master’s of Science in Biomedical Science with a focus on veterinary pharmacology prior to completing her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. She went on to obtain additional training in various areas of small animal medicine through her Rotating Small Animal Internship and more specific and advanced surgical training in her Small Animal Surgical Internship. Since then, she has enjoyed being a full-time emergency veterinarian and was previously working at the Veterinary Emergency Clinic before joining the Lakeshore Animal Health Partners team. In her spare time, she enjoys gardening and spending time with friends and family at the cottage.
- Bachelor of Science Honours (BScH), University of Guelph, Guelph ON (2008-2012)
- Masters of Science (MSc), Biomedical Science, University of Guelph, Guelph ON (2012-2014)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph ON (2014-2018)
- Rotating Small Animal Internship, Veterinary Emergency Clinic, Toronto ON (2018-2019)
- Small Animal Surgical Internship, Veterinary Emergency Clinic, Toronto ON (2019-2020)
- Kumagai M, Johnson R. (2014). Evaluation of a Transdermal Drug Delivery System for Veterinary Patients [Master’s Thesis, University of Guelph]. Published by: University of Guelph.